Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just....breathe

What we find amazing now are the actual words that Jack is saying. Not just the blah, grrgglle, whsgrrgnron. He is actually saying real words. This is however a bit bittersweet for me since I love his baby blabber. I am not ready for him to say "Hey mom, how about today we go to the park" in actual English. Or Spanish in his case.
We are getting closer to his second birthday which made me think "Oh my god. I am the mother of a two year old.I have a kid! When did that happen?" There are moments that I have to stop myself and relish in the little laughs and giggles and hugs that Jack gives us. Why do we always have to run around and worry about work and time and dinner? And as soon as dinner is over, I have to hurry and clean him up, give him a bath, oh no it's already 8:10! Gotta put him to bed. I secretly love the times that he wants us to still carry him and hold him, because I know that those moments will not be as much as he gets older.

Jack words:
Otro - means "another" in Spanish
Ay! - It is kind of like the "oh no!" in Spanish. He will say it when some water spills from his cup.
Girraf - Giraffe!
Dirdle - Circle
Choose - Shoes
Eyes, irs, noooooss - Eyes, ears and nose

No comments: