Friday, November 7, 2008

The night Baby Jack turned into Little Boy Jack

I think that it is cute that everyone calls Jack "Baby Jack." It just became his official name since the day that he was born. However, he is slowly turning into the little boy that I have waited and dreaded for so long.

Wednesday night, my father in law was at our place and Brian was making dinner. I came home from work and as soon as Jack saw me come in, he had this look that said "Mommy!!!!" and started to cry. Emotions got the best of him that night. However, it wasn't the usual "weeehhhhhh" and a few whimpers. Jack let out some "aheh aheh aheh." It definitely didn't sound like my kid. At least not my kid that has been with us for the past nine months. I went over to him and he started to do more "aheh aheh aheh". Although I got that secret happy feeling that all my kid wants is mommy, my heart broke a bit that now here was this kid that is no longer a baby. He isn't a squirmy worm and doesn't want to cuddle when I rock him and give him his milk. Now he sits on my lap when I give him the milk.He will stop after 2 ozs of milk, jump on my lap for awhile, sing and then try to drink his milk again. All he wants to bounce and crawl and climb and chew. This is bad things. These are terrific moments that Jack brings to us. But I miss the times when he was a wee one, and we would sit on the couch together and he would sleep while I watched the Price is Right.

Ok thanks. I got that off my chest now.

No comments: