Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Concert

Inti Illimani is this great Chilean band that we have been going to their concert for many years. Yesterday they were in town so we all went. So they start playing their first song and it was a very sweet mellow guitar followed by a loud GONG!!! of the panflutes. My sister was holding Jack and my immediate thought was " Crap, that gong is going to scare him and now he'll start crying." I turned to look at him and expected to see his little face scrunched up. However his face was very serious and intent as he watched them. By the fourth song, he did the rub of the eyes and was getting sleepy. Thank God the concert was only 75 minutes long cause I don't know how long we could have delayed Jack's bedtime. Before we left,my dad did have one dance with him during a song and that was nice. All in all , Jack behaved well. Congrats Jack! You just experienced your first post concert ear ringing.
Ok so it wasn't that loud but I did wonder how sensitive babies ears are. Then I started to wonder if maybe he was too young to go to the concert. Then I started to wonder why the hell was Brian and my dad having a shot of tequila???? What has happened here?
Enjoy a couple of Jack's first concert music below.
inti-illimani">

No comments: