Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where is everyone???

Some labor day weekend. The one weekend in a long time where I can enjoy the three day glory of no work -and I get sick. Almost severely. It was at one point where the whole body aches and you can't even lift a tissue cause it hurts so bad. That is where I was on Sunday. Brian was also feeling it too. So we tried to have a family outing to a picnic but my body was not having it. I wanted to call someone sooooooo bad to come over and just watch Jack for 5 hours. Just enough so Brian and I can take a quick nap and take medicine so we could get better.
All our family lives here.
There was no one available.
People had plans ,were out or did not want to catch our germs. Understandable.
But I really wanted someone to be over and help. I even asked Brian where is everyone? We have everyone in the world here except all our friends in St. Paul and no one can come over. : ( I felt lonely -and germy.
Good news is that Jack -who was the originator of this cold - is getting over his cold and did not get it as bad as us.
The bad news is that I have lost my voice.
How can you parent and be sick at the same time? That is hard stuff.

No comments: