Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer is almost over

This pic is one of the last memories of Jack's first summer. Hanging out with his cousin, Nati, on a Friday in August.

I cannot believe that we are here in late September. Jack has started to get his fall/winter clothes. He is on the verge of turning eight months! Our best friends Paul and Brooke just had their first son, Bridger. And with that , Jack has been dethroned as the newest baby. Now he has become the veteran and the one that can show little Bridger the ropes. I am in awe and a bit shellshocked that we are in this stage. Where we meet the newest baby and I get to say" Oh my gosh, he is so little. I remember when Jack was that small." Or I get to say stuff like "He is a lot lighter than Jack."

I remember my friend Allie telling me that when she met Jack for the first time. And she was doing her comparisons from Jack to her daughter Olivia, who is nine months older than Jack. With Jack only being 4 weeks old at that time, I thought that it would be a lifetime before I would get to say that about another baby. And now here we are......

PS my friend Katie has a blog about her daughter in which she keeps it updated excellently. http://haleycohen.blogspot.com/

Every time I go on it, I realize that I need to update it more often than I should. I will try but it is soo hard. I am working mommy, who tries to pick up her son at a decent time so we can have at least one hour to play before he goes to sleep. :(

2 comments:

katie said...

i worry that it's too much :) but then i don't have to talk about her every second :) that photo is too cute of jack. hope you are all doing well.

katie said...

oh and remember when i wanted to hold jack when he was so tiny - now you know why :) even though they are still so small - seeing those new babies is just precious, but it's so fun to watch them grow!