Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sleep changes and still no laughs

The one thing that I was starting to rely on Jack for was his bedtime. Always around the 7 oclock hour and he would be out for the night. He is now going into this "phase" that he has been going to sleep a little bit later. 8. 8:30? That is way too late. Plus he gets so cranky when he wants to go to sleep. I tell him in my best mommy voice that it is ok to go to sleep cause it will feel nice. He looks at me like I am crazy.

Just as suspected and just as the baby books have said, my milk is starting to run out. I cried a bit in the morning when I pumped and in total only got 3 oz. How can I feed my child? I wondered. I feel like he is going to go hungry forever. That and the fact that the formula is now his mommy milk makes me sadder even more. If the milk gods are listening, let me have more milk. At least until he starts to eat solids. Perhaps this can be a good thing cause Jack can grow into one of those kids that starts tugging at their moms shirt for milk. And they are three years old.I don't know if I can do that to him.

Jack is talking a lot now. A lot of gurgling which is the cutest thing that I have ever heard. When we try to make him laugh, we get this grrrrrrrssssh sound from him. Still not yet a laugh but we are getting there. We feel that once we get an official laugh from him, then we have accomplished officially as parents who are raising a happy child.

No comments: