Thursday, February 28, 2008

I.HATE.SNOW

Snow is horrible. I know this and everyone knows this but I have not realized my utter distaste for it til this winter. Can anyone agree with me that this winter has been absolutely horrific? And i have said more than once that this winter has given me the winter blahs since it has restricted me and my new son from going out and enjoying mommy and me days out. Yesterday was the worst day that we have expierienced.
The snow fall from Tuesday made me think that the sidewalks were going to be bad, since no one here in Oak Park seems to shovel. I took a chance and we set out for a nice walk. Nice indeed. Sidewalks were icy, not just icy patches but ice that were a block long. All different kinds of ice patches too. Smooth, bumpy and watery ice patches. Watery ice? Yes come to Oak Park and you will see what I am talking about. If that weren't bad enough, when we got to the end of the sidewalk, all the snow that was shoveled from the street was now gathered at the curb. There was no way that any mom and her stroller could have gotten over those mountain hills. I kept looking to see if perhaps in going over the snow hills I have lost my baby. I kept going from this street to down that street to around to another street to get to Lake street.
I want this snow to go away. And I want all Oak Park residents to shovel the next time we have snow. It's Oak Park, I am sure that someone has a shovel somewhere.

No comments: