Friday, December 28, 2012

The Christmas of 2012

In the words of my husband " I know you kids have been good this year, but I didn't know you were that good." 

This is an indication as to how many presents the kids got. The presents were aplenty, but it was and always is really nice to see my parents and Brian's parents have a day when they are enjoying their time with their grand-kids the most. Christmas is the easiest holiday to celebrate with the families. The 24th is the day that we spend with my family, the 25th with my in- laws. I am proud to say also that I didn't go too crazy with eating like a nut this holiday season around. I did have two helpings of the deliciousness that you see below, and perhaps 2 1/2 mimosas, but hey, it's Christmas.



This lovely dinner that you see above is courtesy of my mom's cooking. Why is that no one can ever cook like your mom? My mom is a master in the kitchen. Her rice? Phenonmenal. Onion and tomato salad with lemon? Awesome. Let's not forget my husband as he made two turkeys for Christmas. We happily ate one and happily had the other as leftovers.


There is no one more deserving to have two grandsons than my dad. After living for almost 35 + years with daughters and a niece, along came the boys. We needed some boys to add to the family mix. Plus I think that my dad secretly needed someone to rough house around, which he happily does with the boys. 



A kiss for vovosito while my mom looks at the grandchildren calender we made for them. A simple gift that left them extremely happy.




And then came December 25th. Madness with presents. Over excitement over every present. And that was just the parents and grandparents. At one point, I couldn't see the floor. There was so much wrapping and presents everywhere. Charlie didn't really get the idea that you had to rip the paper to get to the present. He didn't even go nuts over ripping paper. He did like the idea of seeing a big present on the floor and sitting on top of it. That was his big joke for the holiday. Every time he sat on a gift, he would go " shda da!!" and would look at me and smile. That was his way of saying " ahaa! look at me!!"


I am sure that Max the dog at this point was saying " what the???"


 The kids get very festive in their holiday hats. A tradition that I hope it can continue way into their 30's.




Christmas is not Christmas until you get something Pixar-ish!! Can you believe this whole time that we have never had Toy Story 2? Well now we do! Thanks Santa!


 And to all a good night. Christmas is the one day where I can stay in my Pj's til 1 pm and just lay around and do absolutely nothing. Perfect.


No comments: