Friday, November 30, 2012

The 1st Birthday

Oh Charlie, I am so sorry that I didn't dedicate this huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY blog post to you.
For your brother, I have this tradition of showing photos of his actual birthday time year by year. But you were born at midnight. Do I just take a photo of you sleeping? And the room is pitch dark. Do I just showcase a dark room every year on November 14 at 12:15 am? And even if I wanted to do a birthday photo of you, it's now too late because I never took one.! I am a bad mother.


I blame busy schedules; trying to put you down for a nap on time or else the whole world ends, and trying to feed your older brother since he is in this I will eat two bites and I'm done phase.

I just wanted to say that you really upped my game as a working mama. Running home from work took on a whole new meaning with you on board. Not only do I have two beautiful sons to come home to at 6 pm, but that is also the time where you have a mini breakdown of sorts. The only cure for your breakdown is Mama's milk, which if it is not given to you at least by 6:15 pm, watch out!
That is what I mean by running home from work. I literally have to get home as fast as I can so the breakdown doesn't begin.

And can you believe that I am still nursing you? Congratulations to us!! Here I thought all the time that you would have weaned yourself off by the time you are one. I am also happy to have stuck with it for so long. I got bit by you, what. three or four times? Big whoop.I am happy to still nurse you. I wish all mamas felt the same and didn't have a rush to wean their babies so soon. It's a bond and a special moment that you share with your babies. Why take that away so soon?

I am amazed of how your relationship with your brother is growing. The instant smile that you have on your face whenever he talks. The way you just throw your body unto his in your playful manner. Sometimes your brother doesn't see it that way. Don't take it too personal. Your giggles whenever he tickles you. Your little personality that comes out whenever I change your diaper or put on your PJ. You always seem to say " A ha haa" to me and I feel that you are going to become one wonderful sneaky kid.

Thank you for becoming our second son, for wanting us to strive to be the best parents two boys will ever know.

No comments: