Monday, July 2, 2012

The Wedding and The Baptism

The Baptism happened on June 24, which Deacon Mike happily announced that it is exactly 6 months to Christmas. We didn't even plan on that token of goodness. That was just a gift from the powers that be.
We did plan somewhat to get married again. I called it renewing the vows, Brian said it was a wedding. As we would be getting married in the church for the first time. I thought it would just be a repeating of the vows, 5 minutes flat and then onto the baptism.
We had a whole mini wedding. Beginning prayers, scripture readings the whole thing. I had to read a scripture reading and I felt like I was back in 7th grade, when I was the lucky girl that was picked in class to read in mass. I couldn't reach the microphone back then and I couldn't now. I did the whole reading on my tiptoes, trying to have my voice projected over the microphone.
 We sat in these chairs up on the altar, king and queen style. I tried to remember every word of what the deacon was saying. I cannot remember a thing now. I remember I looked down to the pews at one time and Jack waved at me. The whole thing seemed surreal.
Once we kissed , placed the rings on and were pronounced man and wife, we went into the baptism. By this point, Jack was thirsty, Charlie was getting to the hunger point and I was thinking that these kids might be on a ticking time bomb - will they be having a  breakdown at any moment? Have you seen the ceilings at Holy Name? Any slight wincing will resonate to the high heavens with those ceilings.
Thankfully, my boys are great boys. There was no loud screaming or breakdowns. Jack was getting into his slap happy mood. Which meant that he was done being in church and wanted something to eat. At one point , he stood next to Brian with his hands over his ears. Charlie blew his steam by blowing raspberries. A common Charlie trait.

Dinner was at Cafe Iberico, where we happily drank a lot of sangria and Jack discovered that olive oil goes really well with bread.
My dad and Charlie - two best friends.

I was weepy this time around just as much as the first time we got married.

A proud papa and his boy

You have to do something to pass the time - I have no idea on what Jack was doing here.

Lucky us - we have two wedding anniversaries and now a baptismal anniversary to celebrate.

No comments: