Friday, July 20, 2012

The 8th Month

Yes, we are in our 8 month mark. Charlie decided to celebrate this month by clapping. Isn't 8 months a bit too young for clapping? Or should I say, is my son that advanced that he is already clapping. ( insert smiley face here )

 He is soooooo close to crawling. He has also mastered the being on all fours to the sitting back down position. Which is great during the daytime, but at night when Charlie fights his bedtime, he now sits up in the crib and cries, rather than just lying down anc crying. When do these kids get so smart? Was I like this at this age? I feel bad for my parents, although they should have a lot of sympathy for us for what we are going through in regards to bedtimes.
When we try to place him back to lying down, he has the most saddest cry ever. As in" whyyyyyyy are you putting me down to sleep? I am sooo sad!!!" ( insert sad cute baby face here)
He also is starting to wave a bit. He waved goodbye to Jack the other day when Jack left the room. I was filming it on camera and just as he started to wave, I clicked the stop button. I missed it on tape, but have it saved in my heart.

 Mr. Jack has embarked on the world of school. He has been doing very well in his summer camp at the kids museum. He will also start Zoo Camp in August. This is all a huge preparation for his start in preschool in September. I am trying not to think of what that means emotionally for me now, as I am sure that I will just hold him and cry.
He is the jokester for sure, he loves saying something and then saying later on " I'm just joking, I'm just joking."
He still loves the water, still loves swimming. He finally has gotten over his fear of The Incredibles. I am not sure if it was the masks or the fact that they fight a lot of bad guys in the movie, but he was so freaked out of going near it.
He just snapped out of that mode and started realizing that just because you wear a mask doesn't mean you're a bad guy. Good guys wear masks too.
Jack now loves playing The Incredibles. "I'll be Dash and you can be Elastic Girl" is what he always tells me.
We are doing well as a family of four. We have got our groove of who puts whom to bed. I usually puts Charlie to bed, since we have mastered the nursing position of lying down on bed and being nursed to sleep. Ahhhh, relaxation.
More pics to come......and videos.

No comments: