Friday, January 6, 2012

The 2011 Moments

* The moment when Brian and I realized on our way to the circus that that was probably the last time that we would ever be out as the trio. It was kind of our way of saying goodbye to Jack as the only child before baby #2 came on board. Knowing this would explain why we splurged on getting Jack a $7 popcorn and a $12 snowcone.
* Telling Brian that I was pregnant - on our 10th year anniversary
* Summer - Jack was not afraid of the pool and jumped in with no fear.
* Constantly telling Jack not to squeeze my mother in law's dog to death, but secretly loving how his little face got so excited as he squeezed the poor dog to death.
* Leaving the house on November 13 to have Charlie, and instantly missing Jack as soon as I got in the car.
* Seeing Jack's face for the first time in the hospital, and hearing his words of "Can I watch TV?" I guess any kid would want to watch TV in the hospital room since it was a 43 in. plasma.
* Getting ice with Jack at the hospital. At one point, he gave my leg a huge squeeze. I took it as " I am soo happy to see you again Mama."
* Having Jack leave me at the hospital that night, crying my eyes out and deciding at that moment that I must leave the hospital the next day. I did.
* The 3 am smiles that we get from Charlie. I am getting used to the 3am feedings and I don't mind, since we get the 3am babbles.
* Christmas 2011 - the year of Thomas the train.
* New Years Eve-  exactly at midnight, Charlie decides to wake up to eat. Such a boy.

Cheers to 2012.

No comments: