Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Christmas of 2011

My kids are eternally lucky.
One kid has a birthday in November and the other has a birthday in January. Do the math and that means that they get double the presents within a month apart.
See, lucky.
Also, that means that we are screwed because now til forever, we have to figure out what to get them for their birthday that they are not going to get on Christmas. And which day do we deem more important? The anniversary of their birth, or the anniversary of baby Jesus? Since they know nothing about baby Jesus, but a whole lot of Santa, it is hard to see what to get for on what day.
This Christmas was insane with toys and items. For both of them. I thank their grandparents and the aunts and uncles, but it was a lot of stuff. All great stuff, especially since Jack got  exactly what he wanted this year. His face was one of surprise when I told him that Santa knew exactly what he wanted. The lightbulb went off for Jack and I could feel that he was thinking "Whoa , that Santa is goood! "
I felt like I had to compose a schedule for the day; just to make sure all the toys were being played with.
9am - Legos
10am- Playmobil
10:30 - Thomas and the train table
12 - lunch
1pm read (you get the picture)
My mind fast forwarded over to Jack's birthday, which is less than a month. How can I compose an email to the would be gift givers and say "Jack needs only underwear and socks. Thank you"
Is that nice to say? Can I tell people what to give as a gift? I am not sure, as this blog says, I am a new mom.
With a 4 yr old and a 1 month old, all of this still feels very new to me.

No comments: