Monday, June 13, 2011

The Imagination

Jack has a slew of imagination games that he plays now. One gets cuter than the next one. All are easy to play except for when he wants to play the spy game. I am not sure, being about 4 ½ months pregnant, that I can do much stunts that a James Bond can do.

The Puppy
As much as I love my son, something kind of holds me back when he wants to play one. Maybe because we are pretending that he is an animal, and will just pant and woof as only a puppy learning his tricks can do. I laugh when we play this game, but I don’t want this game to continue, such as the puppy is bad and I give him a time out. OK, I went too far on that one. I don’t think that Jack would take the game that far.

Jack’s “puppy” tricks include the Sit, Shake, Speak, and placing a treat on his nose, balancing it, and then getting the treat. To which I say “good boy!!” afterwards. He likes it. He also pretends to be a puppy more when our dog comes over to me and I start to pet him.

The Bambi
Yes, as in Disney’s Bambi. I love this one the best. I am Mama Bambi, he is Bambi , and Brian is the Great Prince. Cause, you know in Bambi, Bambi’s dad is never referenced as father, just the Great Prince. I think Brian secretly loves that we are calling him a Prince.
One of the reasons that this is my favorite is that he will pretend to be Bambi, and for some reason, “Bambi” will always listens to what his mom tells him to do. Like , Relax. Brush your teeth. Time to go to bed. Bambis always listens to their Mama Bambis.

The Special Agent
He plays this game when he sees an episode of Special Agent Oso, a Disney channel cartoon. Really, this cartoon is an agent in training and does some impressive stunts. When Jack wants to play, he pretends to be the Special agent, and asks myself or Brian to be his leaders where we give him a training exercise. I use this game as a time to do a chore around the house.
“Today’s special training exercise, you will clean up your toys in the living room.”
I think I said that one once and Jack said” Umm, no, how about another one?”

No comments: