Friday, January 28, 2011

The Third Year Wish

Dear Jack,

Your third birthday has come and gone, so here is my wish for you, for this year and forever.

I could say the usual things that most parents could say to their child. I hope you are happy, loved and potty trained well.

For this year, I have never wanted that more for anyone else than I do for you.

I hope you are always happy. You always show happiness . Even when you watch a cat jump up to catch a dangling string, you find that hilarious. I want great things for you Jack. I want the people that are in your life to be true to you as you will be to them. I want you to be with good people. People that will lead you to right and not wrong. I want you to learn as you grow. Know that you will always have us with you.

I want you to always know on what makes you happy. What is good for you. Stay true to yourself . You love Thomas the Train Engine? Great. You love to have us with you as you go to sleep? Great. So long as I get to go back to my bed and sleep there. I can't stay in your room all night. but that is something that we need to work on.

Always ask questions, always want to know what is going on. That is how you learn.

Stay warm and loving. Always give hugs just because, and know that you will always get hugs and kisses too, just because.

This year will be one of our best. Let me stress that you will be potty trained this year!! That is enough excitement in itself.
You may not have a sibling, or a puppy, or all the Thomas trains you want, but your parents are two people who are amazing in what they do for their child. Always know that they love you like no other.

Cheers to turning 3 !!

Mama and Papa

No comments: