Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two great sentences

Saturday
That night was supposed to be a great girls night. And as always, you put too much thought and emphasis on an event, and that will probably be cancelled on you. It was cancelled. So to do something great, I decided to make cookie dough, and eat it raw. Alright, so maybe I made some cookies, but my main intention was to just eat a big bowl of it.
Jack stood on a chair and was helping me here and there with making the cookies. Since he is repeating every word we say ( yes, every word) I announced what I was doing to him.


So we are going to take the flour - Me
We take the fower - Jack
And we just take some salt - Me
We take salt - Jack

Then he said something great - Can I help you?

Just like that. Our son turned from a toddler who could only say a word here and there to a little boy. I looked at Brian and gave him the pouty lip look. Brian knows what that means. It means
" Our little boy is the best. " Jack did help, by pouring the flour in the bowl, the sugar and eating the cookies.

Sunday
Easter Sunday morning was at my mother in law's. We have Jack's Radio Flyer wagon at her house, so Jack and I took that with us as we went for a walk around the neighborhood. He ran ahead of me, I took the wagon. He turned around and said great sentence # 2

"I can do it."

And he took the handle of the wagon and pulled it himself. If you have seen this wagon, it's a pretty big monster of a thing, and here was my kid, pulling it all by himself. That happy feeling soon turned into a race, as Jack ran away with the wagon and I literally ran as an Olympic athlete to try to catch up to him.

Word to anyone taking care of Jack- he runs, he is FAST and you will need some training of some sort to catch up to him.

No comments: