Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Second Christmas

Things couldn't have been greater. Or nicer. I say nice cause that was just what this Christmas was. Christmas Eve is always with my family, with a huge roasted pork called "lechon" as the main dish. I was good and didn't have as much as I would have had in the previous years. Why do we gorge so much over the holidays? Oh because my mom's cooking is fantastic.
Jack has been the picky eater lately and even though my mom made some kicking rice, he was not having any of it. I think the black beans scared him off and in fact that was the case since as soon as Jack put a spoonful of rice in his mouth, he immediately went "puft, puft, puft" and spitted out everything.

I thought we were past that stage.

He did understand the concept of presents this year. He knew that he had to rip paper to get to a certain gift, but he did not understand that he would get numerous presents. Everytime we presented him with a new gift, he had a look of confusion, as in " I just got this new toy. You want me to have another one?" He very much enjoys his big score from Santa, the huge train table complete with a helicopter pad, airplane and a working crane. He has destroyed the train layout that was set on the table, so now Brian and I have to figure out how to make 30 + of train tracks look like an enjoyable train layout. Good luck to us.

Let's hear it for 2010 - Jack turns two, our perhaps first trip on a plane (yikes!) and looking forward to the first sunny , warm day.
Pics to come soon.

No comments: