Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Breakfast





We went to a Breakfast with Santa on December 12. It was at the hotel that my mom works at so it was the perfect opportunity for her to show off her grandchildren to her co- workers. I thought that while my mom was with the kids, I can sit back, relax and enjoy an endless supply of coffee and breakfast items. Little did I know that Jack had other plans for me.

As soon as we arrived, he saw the huge empy hallway that was right outside the banquet hall. He just wanted to run around the whole time and tried to go down the escalator a few times. Nice try Jack, but you are just a wee bit small for that one.

He is definitely going through an "Only Mama" stage. My dream of just sitting there drinking coffee quickly vanished. My mom's dream of carrying him around somewhat dissipated. Whenever Jack realized I was not with him, he quickly went Mama! Mama! and his little outstretched hand was reaching for me. Awww, cute right. It is, but it always happens at that moment when you sit down and you go "Ahhh, finally and then the Mama mamas come out again.

He was not impressed with Santa. He did like that Santa was giving away books, so Jack scored a fire engine book. Thanks Santa.

It was great to have Jack's cousin Nathalie there as well. The two of them just ran around the hallway for awhile. Nati is 11 and she is in that great stage of she's not really a teenager but she is old enough to take care of Jack but be his playmate at the same time.

1 comment:

jalant said...

What fun!! Breakfast with the big guy never gets old!! :-)