Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I say No and then he bites

Jack is always willing to see how far he can go with biting items; washing cloths, TV remotes, and our shoulders.

Yesterday, I was holding him cause I have not seen him all day and it was a long day of work. Perhaps I was squeezing him a bit too much but I had to. I just spent eight hours without him. So he starts to hug back, and it feels great, and then he bends his little head down and out come the Dracula fangs. Argghhhhhhh! He bit me and I said No. Not very sternly, but in a way that I want him to know that biting shoulders is not a good thing. So then he reaches for me and starts to bite me again. This time my "NO" came out a little harsher.

This is when Jack started to learn that NO is a bad thing. And NO is something that he does not like to hear.

Everytime I said no, he would reach for me and want to bite more. As if he was trying to say" Oh yeah? The more you say No, the more I will bite."

My final NO to him was a little too much for him to hear. His face scrunched up and he started to cry a bit. Then my heart broke in a million pieces and I thought "Oh my god, I have ruined my kid for life." But as soon as we got up, he forgot all about the crying.

No comments: