Thursday, July 17, 2008

Much has happened in Jack World

Where to start???
July 6 - He ate cereal for the first time. Everyone said "Oh watch for his face!! Babies give the best face ever when they taste cereal. So we gave him the cereal and .....nothing. He gave a slight wince and then opened his mouth wide for more. It's like he has been eating cereal his whole life. By the end of the feeding, he was grabbing the spoon from my hand and feeding himself. Whoa, slow down there boy!!! His face broke out in a rash from applesauce, but did give a little yuck face to bananas. Next up, peas and carrots. And I will be watching for that orange nose to appear.

Week of July 7 - He is sitting all by himself. He needs to have someone sit behind him since sometimes he falls backward. But it is really endearing to watch him try to balance himself with his little arms extended outward. I was encouraging Jack by saying " Good boy!! You are doing such a great job!!" But he would not look at me. He would look straight at the floor and have the most serious look on his face.

He also likes to roll over in his sleep. Which is a bit scary cause what if he rolls over during the night?? Thankfully I am such a light sleeper that as soon as I hear his rolling over, I immediatley wakeup and check to see if he is ok. This would explain on why I have been drinking a lot of coffee in the morning.

Next up, we are moving the last weekend of July. Jack gets his own room. And I will probably never sleep again.

No comments: