Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Star Wars Day



With Brian being sick last weekend, I took the boys on a Metra adventure over to the Joliet library, where it was Star Wars Day.
 Jack has been asking when this day was going to come since he found out about it at the Comic Con convention. Here we were, June 1, it was a sunny and not so humid day.

A lot of favorite moments in this day. I like on the first photo that the evil Emperor was holding Jack's hand in the photo. I didn't notice that til we saw the photos later on that night. To which at first I said, oh that is really cute that they are holding hands. Then I quickly said " They are holding hands? That's creepy. And why would the emperor think that my child would like to join the Dark side? He just wanted to say hi to you, not join your evil team. Stay away emperor.



The fest started with a parade of Stormtroopers. Much thanks to the 501st Legion - they were the ones that put on this show. My sons appreciate you guys going all out and being in costumes 24/7. Although they did give a second glance and were really confused when you guys would take off your helmet. It was like reality sunk in and you are not who you say you are!! 


Pure, pure joy from this kid. This is why I will go to as many Star Wars day as possible. Just to see this face light up.

At one point, we were trapped by Stormtroopers. I just wanted to get out at that point. My son was in Clone/Stormtrooper heaven. At one point, he was asking all the characters if they had lunch yet and if they wanted to join us for lunch. Isn't he the best kid ever?


My littlest was a superstar, and would fist bump Darth Vader and Chewbacca. No fear.

No comments: