Monday, August 22, 2011

The Appreciation of Pain

It is no secret that this pregnancy has been a bit tougher than the first. Ask me how I am feeling ,and you will get an"Eh, I'm ok" response. Everything hurts now, socket joints, lower back, legs, the uncomfortable positions of sleeping. Everything has been a bit harder and with every day that I am pregnant, I ask myself" Are there ladies that do this three or four times? Unbelievably, the answer is yes.

Last week, I was at a point where I just couldn't take it. I looked at Brian, I had that pregnancy pose of having my two hands supporting my back, and said " I can't do this anymore. I am done with two kids." I wanted to cry, I wanted to collapse. I wanted a back transplant at that point cause my own back was about to give out.
Then Brian said something amazing and miraculous.


"Well, if this is your time being pregnant, then make the most of it. Since you will never be pregnant again. "


Then I really wanted to cry. He was right, this is my last time being pregnant. The last time that people will give me the special "She's having a baby!!!" look. The last time that I will feel kicks, slight punches, the occasional "ow! that was a good kick" face.

The last time that I will have a huge stomach, but having that huge stomach was my reminder that this special being is about to come into the world. The last time my husband and I will wonder for 9 - 10 months on who this baby is, and then finally meeting that person.


So I say this to you Baby M. Kick all you want. Join in the conversation next time you hear us talk. And kick with glee everytime you hear us laugh.

No comments: