Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jack's cast is off!!!

The whole visit was pretty quick. Well , if you call going to the doctor's "visits". Let's call them appointments.

The first room we went into was the cast room. I was mentally preparing myself for this the whole morning, cause from what I remember , those cast saws are pretty loud and a bit scary. Jack realizes now that when you lie down on a hospital bed, it's not because you are about to celebrate a great moment. As soon as we lay him down, he started to cry and I held his face and whispered" It's ok, this is a good thing." Once the cast was off, we looked at his little leg and saw that there was a blister on his heel. This blister formed when he had his splint on before he was casted. The doctor said that with just Vaseline and lotion, the blister should heal within a week.

Thrusday - March 19
Jack is a bit apprehensive about walking. : (
I am trying to get him used to the fact that he has to start walking at some point, but he is not liking it whatsoever. He is so used to the crawling and the carrying that when I try to make him stand, he just sits down and complains. It makes me sad to see this cause I thought our boy was going to be so rejoiced that the heavy cast is off, that he would want to stand and run immediately. Such is not the case. He is standing on both legs so that is a good start.

This weekend will bring us a Mom and son weekend. Brian is off for a conference for two days so it will be just Jack and I for Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how that will be. I think that maybe we will go out for breakfast on Saturday morning.

No comments: